KILOO Data Engineer
Do you love working with systems and infrastructures to store and handle large amounts of data? Do you want to play a large role in enabling Kiloo to make better business decisions? Then you might be what we are looking for!
Kiloo is a leading mobile game developer founded in 2000. Our ambition is to create cool, colorful and catchy games that are as fun to play as they are to make. The people who create our games are the key to our success, and we are always on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals to join our family.
Kiloo is a team of over 120 dedicated people with many different backgrounds, nationalities and cultures. Our headquarters are located in Aarhus, Denmark, and we also have offices in Copenhagen and Budapest.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer for our headquarters in Aarhus.
You will be part of a dedicated team of backend developers who are responsible for the online services and technical infrastructure for our games, including collection of user data. This position is the link between our development/technology focused backend team, and our result/presentation focused Analytics team. Your primary role is to work in close cooperation with our Analytics team, in order to understand and agree on which data they need, to do their best work. You’re responsible for the infrastructure that analyzes and process our raw data into refined data for our Analytics team. This includes writing queries and scripts, transforming and cleansing data as well as setting up automated processes.
- You’re strong when it comes to creating correct and performance optimized queries for very large data sets
- You have relevant experience building data processing systems and setting up efficient ETL workflows
- You have experience with languages like Java, Python, Ruby and C# – and you are not afraid to learn a new language or two in order to extract the needed data
- Development and administration experience with big data and business intelligence software and principles like Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Redshift, BigQuery and similar is a plus – experience with Splunk or Tableau is an even bigger plus
- You understand, and are not afraid of setting up and maintaining data warehousing solutions
- Experience with backend development in C# .NET and SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written
Your personal competences include:
- You are passionateabout data and enjoy finding your way around huge amounts of it
- You are a team player that takes responsibility, but you’re also good at working independently
- You are proactive when issues arise
- You keep up to date with new technologies and methods within your field
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A chance to play a vital role in supplying Kiloo with relevant data and analytics in order to support decisionmakers
- A position in the coolest game company – a chance only few people will get
- An international and absolutely unique organizational culture with experienced and passionate colleagues
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
Now that you are interested in this position, hurry up and submit your CV and application letter using the form below. Alternatively, you can send us your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to send an e-mail, be sure to include “Data Engineer” in the subject line of your e-mail, and include a note saying where you found this job advertisement.
Looking forward to hearing from you!